Successful review of the COURAGE project
The COURAGE project had a successful project review on 28 March in Brussels. COURAGE (“Cultural Opposition – Understanding the CultuRal HeritAGE of Dissent in the Former Socialist Countries”) is a three-year international research project funded by Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. The project will create a comprehensive online database (digital registry) of existing but scattered collections on the histories and forms of cultural opposition in the former socialist countries and thereby make them more accessible.
The reviewers stated that the project can help Eastern and Western Europe to better recognize and understand various forms of dissent in former socialist countries. The Department of Distributed Systems at SZTAKI is responsible for the IT infrastructure of the project, and built a Linked Data platform publishing the research data collected by project partners. Data is made accessible progressively at here.
- MTA BTK– Research Centre for the Humanities, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- IFIS PAN – Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences
- TCD – Trinity College Dublin
- IOS Regensburg – Institute for East and Southeast European Studies, University of Regensburg
- MTA TK – Centre for Social Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- LII – Lithuanian Institute of History
- CUNI – Charles University in Prague
- UB – University of Bucharest
- HIP – Croatian Institute of History
- Comenius University in Bratislava
- The University of Oxford
- MTA SZTAKI – Institute for Computer Science and Control