My research interest includes safety aspects of both manned and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV). My research areas include fault detection and reconfigurable control of aerospace systems, mainly using the linear parameter-varying (LPV) framework. UAVs and their insertion into the common airspace is another research topic I am interested in. I am working on developing a safety critical avionics architecture for small UAVs and also providing them a vision based sense-and-avoid system. I am the coordinator of the H2020 Research Project FLEXOP, working on flexible aircraft control technologies, to mitigate the effects of flutter.
- Senior research fellow, leader of the Aerospace Guidance, Navigation, and Control Group, 2009- (MTA SZTAKI)
- Senior scientist 2008-2009 (Honeywell Aerospace Advanced Technology)
- PhD, University of Minnesota, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics (2008). Title: Control Methods for High-Speed Supercavitating Vehicles, Advisor: Gary J. Balas
- Msc, Budapesti University of Technology and Economics (2003). Title: Solution for Aircraft Formation Flight Problems, Advisor: József Bokor
- Flight control
- Fault detection
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Inertial and satellite navigation systems
Memberships, professional activities
- IEEE CSS Control System Society
- IFAC TC 7.3 Technical Committee on Aerospace
- IFAC TC 7.5 Technical Committee on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles
- Program committee member: IFAC Automatic Control in Aerospace Conference, 2016 (Portland)
- Program committee member: IFAC World Congress, 2014 (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Program committee member: American Control Conference, 2014 (Portland)
- Program committee chair: 9th Workshop on Advanced Control and Diagnosis, 2011 (Budapest)
- VISION, PI, (EU H2020 - Japan collaborative project) (2016-2019)
- Validation of Integrated Safety-enhanced Intelligent flight cONtroL.
- FLEXOP, Coordinator, (EU H2020) (2015-2018)
- Advanced control methods for flutter free aircraft flight control. The methods are validated on a flexible wing unmanned demonstrator.
- ADDSAFE (EU FP7) (2009-2012)
- Fault detection of aircraft flight control surfaces. The methods are validated on hardware testbenches of Airbus.
- ACTUATION 2015 (EU FP7) (2010-2014)
- Modular electro mechanical actuators for the future generations of aircraft. SZTAKI’s role is related to advanced control and health monitoring.
- RECONFIGURE (EU FP7) (2013-2015)
- Reconfigurable flight control algorithms for helping the pilot with maintain flight envelope protection and handling qualities applied to Airbus’s flight control benchmark.
- Sense and Avoid (ONR Global) (2011-2014)
- Vision only sense and avoid system for small UAVs with low power consumption.
- Publication date2017
- Publication date2015
- Publication date2014
- Publication date2013-01
- Publication date2013
- Publication date2020
- Publication date2020
- Publication date2019