senior research fellow
1111 Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
+36 1 279 6278
Balázs Németh is a Senior Research Fellow of the Vehicle Dynamics and Control Research Group. He has been working in the Institute for Computer Science and Control since 2007. He received his Ph.D. degree in transportation sciences from Budapest University of Technology and Economics in 2013. His most important research areas: autonomous vehicle control systems, energy-optimal control of road vehicles and platoons, nonlinear analysis and synthesis of integrated vehicle control systems, variable geometry suspension control.
- PhD in transportation sciences, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2013.
- MSc in mechanical engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2009.
- autonomous vehicle control systems
- energy-optimal control of road vehicles and platoons
- nonlinear analysis and synthesis of integrated vehicle control systems
- variable geometry suspension analysis and control
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Vehicle Control (BSc)
- Control and System Theory (BSc)
- Programming in C and MATLAB (MSc)
- SEPPAC Safety and Economic Platform for Partially Automated Commercial Vehicles (2015-
- Design of motion profile and optimal control for road vehicles considering the traffic and the infrastructure János Bolyai Research Scholarship (2014-
- Basic research for the development of hybrid and electric vehicles (2012-2014)
- TRUCKDAS (2009-2012)
The aim of the TRUCKDAS project (The innovation of driver assistance distributed systems for commercial vehicle platform) was to implement active safety and driver assistance functions on commercial vehicle platform in order to reduce the number of accidents under strict economy and operational conditions.
- CROTALE Robust and fault tolerant multivariable control for automotive vehicle (2010-2012)
★ Real-time Look-ahead Cruise Control SimulatorPublication date2018
★ Optimal Control of Overtaking Maneuver for Intelligent VehiclesPublication date2018
★ Tuning of Look-ahead Cruise Control in HIL Vehicle SimulatorPublication date2017
★ Robust Fault-Tolerant Control of In-Wheel Driven Bus with Cornering Energy MinimizationPublication date2017
★ Nonlinear analysis and control of a variable-geometry suspension systemPublication date2017
★ The relationship between the traffic flow and the look-ahead cruise controlPublication date2017
★ Integrated control design for driver assistance systems based on LPV methodsPublication date2016
★ Nonlinear analysis of vehicle control actuations based on controlled invariant setsPublication date2016
★ Hierarchical design of an electro-hydraulic actuator based on robust LPV methodsPublication date2015