The mission of CloudiFacturing is to optimize production processes and producibility using Cloud/HPC-based modelling and simulation, leveraging online factory data and advanced data analytics, thus contributing to the competitiveness and resource efficiency of manufacturing SMEs, ultimately fostering the vision of Factories 4.0 and the circular economy. CloudiFacturing will empower over 60 European organizations (many of them being manufacturing SMEs) and will support about 20 cross-national application experiments that will primarily be selected via two Open Calls. The Open Calls will be published July 2018 and July 2019.
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V., Germany
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER LBG, United Kingdom
- CLESGO UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Germany
- CLOUDSME UG, Germany
- CLOUDBROKER GMBH, Switzerland
- CLOUDSIGMA AG, Switzerland
- SCALETOOLS AG, Switzerland
- LUNDS UNIVERSITET, Sweden
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF, Norway
- SCUOLA UNIVERSITARIA PROFESSIONALEDELLA SVIZZERA ITALIANA, Switzerland
- MAGYAR TUDOMANYOS AKADEMIA SZAMITASTECHNIKAI ES AUTOMATIZALASI KUTATOINTEZET, Hungary
- THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom
- INNOMINE GROUP KFT, Hungary
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - UNIVERSITA DI BOLOGNA, Italy
- VYSOKA SKOLA BANSKA - TECHNICKA UNIVERZITA OSTRAVA, Czech Republic
- INSOMNIA CONSULTING SOCIEDAD LIMITADA, Spain
- STAM SRL, Italy
- DEUTSCHES FORSCHUNGSZENTRUM FUR KUNSTLICHE INTELLIGENZ GMBH, Germany
- LINZ CENTER OF MECHATRONICS GMBH, Austria
- HANNING ELEKTRO-WERKE GMBH & CO.KG, Germany
- CATMARINE SRL, Italy
- CENTRO DI RICERCHE EUROPEO DI TECNOLOGIE DESIGN E MATERIALI, Italy
- SKA POLSKA SP (ZOO), Poland
- PRIVREDNO DRUSTVO ZA PRUZANJE USLUGA ISTRAZIVANJE I RAZVOJ NISSATECH INNOVATION CENTRE DOO, Serbia
- ZANNINI-SPA, Italy
- FERRAM STROJIRNA SRO, Czech Republic
- HYDAL ALUMINIUM PROFILER AS, Norway
- NABLADOT SL, Spain
- ENDEF ENGINEERING SL, Spain
- DSS CONSULTING INFORMATIKAI ES TANACSADO KFT, Hungary
- BAKONY ELEKTRONIKA VILLAMOSIPARI GYARTO, SZOLGALTATO KORLATOLT FELELOSSEGU TARSASAG, Hungary
- COOPERLAT SOCIETA COOPERATIVA AGRICOLA, Italy
- MACHINEERING GMBH & CO KG, Germany
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is essential for the digitalization of the manufacturing sector; notwithstanding, less than 25% of the manufacturing companies in Europe profit from ICT-enabled solutions. In order to democratically boost the competitiveness of the European manufacturers (especially Small and Medium-sized Enterprises - SMEs), innovative solutions need to consider technological and commercial scalability from the beginning. From this perspective, the cloudification of services has become the ideal enabler in the manufacturing digitalization. Successful European initiatives such us CloudFlow, cloudSME or Fortissimo have demonstrated the benefits of cloudification for engineering services, by means of combining HPC resources, computational tools, and cloud computing platforms. Manufacturing SMEs are empowered to compute and solve problems that cannot be tackled without cloud and HPC technology, making them more competitive by reducing development times for innovative product with better performance. The results of these initiatives are fostering the engineering and to some extend the prototyping processes within the manufacturing workflow; however, monitoring and optimizing production processes have not yet greatly benefited from an integrated information workflow and simulation loop based on on-line factory data.
The core partners of CloudFlow (eu-cloudflow.eu) and cloudSME (cloudsme.eu) are joining forces to leverage factory data with cloud-based engineering tools:
a) paving the way toward manufacturing analytics,
b) enriching the manufacturing engineering process with on-line data, and
c) simulating and optimizing the production process with the vision to support it in real-time.
The consolidated platform between CloudFlow and cloudSME with extended capabilities to process factory data is going to be accessed through a central interface, enabling the stakeholders to interact, and collaborate.
The project CloudiFacturing receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon2020 research and innovation programme (Grant No. 768892).