PARAMetric UNCertainty Summer School and Workshop Budapest
We are pleased to invite you all to the Summer School and Workshop: Bridging the Gap Between Engineering, Mathematics and Computational Science - Uncertainty Quantification, Parameter Identification, and Challenges in Engineering Computations.
Recommended particularly to Ph.D. and advanced master’s students, engineers, and researchers with civil/mechanical/chemical engineering or computer science background. Application oriented physicists and mathematicians are also welcome.
Attendance by registration.
Addressed topics of the summer school (BME, 3-5 July, 2017):
General theoretical background of uncertainty quantification and parameter identification
- basics of probability theory
- advanced methods for uncertainty quantification and the analysis of the propagation of uncertainties and global sensitivities
- parameter identification via probabilistic approaches
Practical implementation using SGLIB, an open source MATLAB library package
- fragility assessment
- parametric unce rtainty in multiscale analysis
- optional topics from different fields selectable from the plenary lectures of the workshop
Addressed topics of the workshop (SZTAKI, 6-7 July, 2017)
- parametric problems in engineering
- uncertainty quantification
- sensitivity analysis
- inverse methods,optimization
- reliability analysis
- machine learning and data mining in engineering
- high dimensional problems: model reduction, low-rank representation
- robust control
Further information here.