The engineering education is 15 years old in Zalaegerszeg
“Industry 4.0 – the future of industry and engineering education” was the motto of the 15th anniversary of the engineering education celebrated by the region of Zalaegerszeg, mirroring its present, future and traditions, too. Our colleague, Dr. Zsolt János Viharos presented one of invited speeches entitled “Industry 4.0 from scientific viewpoint”.
The engineering university education celebrated its 15th anniversary in Zalaegerszeg. As in many other regions there is a fundamental need in this region for good qualified engineers. This challenge was identified more than 15 years ago by the leaders of the city and the region and with their persistent support the engineering education is continuous in the Mechatronic Education and Research Institute in Zalaegerszeg. As response to the actual challenges, the institute just starts the test engineer education program, supporting the currently constructed vehicle test circuit and smart road investments, too.
The 15th anniversary’s agenda had four points:
- Welcome, birthday wishes
- Professional lectures
- Presentation of former students, professional carriers
- Nostalgic retrospect over the past 15 years, milestones
Three professional speeches were presented by invited lecturers:
- Dr. László Palkovics, Ministry of Human Capacities, state secretary for education: Challenges of engineering education in the light of industrial trends
- Dr. Zsolt János Viharos, MTA SZTAKI, senior research fellow of the Laboratory on Engineering and Management Intelligence led by Dr. József Váncza: Industry 4.0 from scientific viewpoint
- István Ács, Bosch Rexroth Kft., managing director: Industry 4.0 from industrial viewpoint
The professional lectures were fitting well to each other and reflected the actualities of the 15th birthday. As an acknowledgement of the continuous development of the training and the quality of the work, the mayor of Zalaegerszeg, Zoltán Balaicz handed over a diploma to Dr. István Szalai, dean of the Faculty of Engineering of the Pannon University.